According to the Department of Forestry and Fire Management, 2,582 acres burned throughout Wisconsin in 2021. A lot of those wildfires were human caused.
Avoid accidents and seasonal fires by following these tips for safe outdoor grilling:
• Avoid windy days, especially in drought conditions.
• Situate grill on flat, paved surfaces with clearance on all sides.
• Tend a lit flame constantly; take turns if needed.
• Clean the grill before each and every use.
• Never add liquid fire starter to a grill that’s been lit.
• Keep fire extinguishers nearby.
• Dispose of ash properly – not in the trash.
For more grilling tips, follow our blog.