Whether you’re ready or not, our beloved summer days are coming to an end and back-to-school season is creeping around the corner. Below are a few tips to help ease the transition and make for a smooth school year ahead:
• Set up a designated distraction-free study space at home.
• Make your child feel confident on their first day with a new outfit or haircut.
• Slowly ease back into a sleep routine.
• Mark calendars: planning a vacation or fun outing in advance can give your child something to look forward to.
• Make a list and stock up on school supplies early.
– Maya Kaplan, The Atlanta 100