Several state parks have some portions of the park open during the winter for those hardy souls who like to camp in frigid temperatures. Here are a few tips for winter camping from Travel Wisconsin:
• Consider car camping, as you have a safe way out if the weather turns bad.
• Dress in layers, and make sure you have the proper clothing and gear. A down sleeping bag is recommended.
• Get a four-season tent.
• Fill bottles with hot water, and place them in the sleeping bag with you.
• Drink lots of water; don’t eat snow as it can cause hypothermia.
– Jan Schroder, The 100 Companies