Why is your office empty? Oh yeah, everyone ran out for a good old-fashioned Starbucks pumpkin spice latte.
But fall’s most famous flavor has been co-opted by plenty of other brands and products, and the craze has taken some weird detours:
• Dog treats: Pumpkin spice isn’t only for humans.
• Protein powder: For the festive bodybuilder.
• Fettuccini: Does this still pair well with Alfredo sauce?
• Laundry detergent: Just don’t go eating your socks or anything.
• Moonshine: To be fair, there are probably a few other spices mingling in this gentlemanly libation.
• Peeps: Remember, you don’t have to try them.
– Dan Stefano, The Pittsburgh 100