1. Use banking apps daily to monitor your account activity.
2. Sign up for banking alerts to monitor all transactions.
3. Keep your info private. A banker will never ask for your account number, social security number, password or PIN via email or text.
4. Positive Pay for business accounts can reduce the risk of check fraud.
5. Use strong passwords. Make your password lengthy and complex. Don’t reuse the same password on multiple sites.
6. See something? Say something. The sooner an error is noticed on a bank account, the better the chance of correcting it.
– David Luke, The New Orleans 100