In 2013, Forbes magazine proclaimed Milwaukee “the capital of water.” Five years later, Wisconsin continues to build on its water technology expertise:
• UW-Milwaukee’s School of Freshwater Sciences is the nation’s only graduate-level institution dedicated to freshwater studies.
• Thirty public and private educational institutions offer over 50 water-focused degree programs.
• Over 200 water technology businesses call Wisconsin home.
• The water tech industry supports over 37,000 employees.
• The Water Council is a globally connected epicenter for water research, innovation, education and business development.
• Milwaukee’s Reed Street Yards, a 17-acre business park, focuses on the international water industry.